This item has been SOLD
Antique Vandercook No. 4T Proof Press – 021021100500
The No. 4 features a complex spring-loaded gear and clutch mechanism on the ends of both roller cores. With only minor modifications (models before 1938 did not have pedal activated grippers), the No. 4 was in production for 25 years. The 4T is differentiated by the addition of a transparency adapter, mounted above the inking assembly, used to eliminate wrinkling of cellophane and glassine proofs. These proofs could then be contacted to film for offset negatives. Most transparency assemblies have been discarded. For modern practice, it is more important to know that the 4T has a deeper cylinder undercut (.070″). Traveling sheet delivery tray is standard. Maximum form: 14 × 18″; maximum sheet: 14 ¾ × 20″.
Serial No. 13220
- Length: / Width: 6’6” x 2’2”
- Power: standard 110 volt plug (running a1/4 HP motor)
- Weight: 1100 lbs
- Bed: 15” x 35”
- Maximum sheet: 14 ¾” x 20” / Maximum form: 14” x 18”
- Same as the Vandercook 4, but used to pull transparency proofs of type on transparent acetate or glassine that could then be contacted to film for offset negatives. (Info from vandercookpress.info)
- It’s in great shape and I’ve used it for tons of wedding invitation and greeting card work over the last several years.
- Rubber rollers were replaced about 5 years ago and are in great shape
- Related materials are included: all the wash-up parts that are not currently attached, lockup bar, quoins and keys, 9” x 12” standard relief Boxcar base, and more.
- Press has a paper delivery tray attached
- The press is mounted on a pallet, so it’s a breeze to move with a forklift.